Wednesday 27 November 2013

Mass Effect 3 - Modded Casual Outfit

Original BSN Project Site (but it's provisional, I'll upload this on mediafire when they remove the BSN project site completly)

Mesh model project that replaces the intro outfit in Mass Effect 3. The model uses the alliance navy pants and the alliance necklace from James. Includes blooded version for the last part on the intro.

http://kurauamami.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-3-Modded-Casual-Outfit-V2-0-Released-410324942

I changed the intro outfit because it's the single outfit that you can change and it doesn't affect to other npcs because is exclusive to Shepard, same way with the N7 hoodie or the dress/jacket. Using the intro outfit I must make a blood version as the original outfit but yeah that's not a big problem.

 The version 1.5 of the mod used Ottemis' textures for the pants but I didn't know that textures were from her, I thought it was from the game and this happens when you play with the same computer of your bf and he starts to play much time before and puts .mods files for retextures without tell you nothing because I extracted all textures and meshes from the game with Umodel.

 Aha! I thought so wow "the Alliance navy outfit have much quality", clear how it wasn't the original!! You can imagine my face when she sent me a note via DeviantArt and told me about the pants texture. I felt like a stupid and ashamed because I know how you feel when someone stolen your textures without permission, my first mesh mod and I messed up. I reinstalled my game (my bf didn't make a backup of the files, of course ¬¬ ), extracted the original ones, retextured it more in black and redone the half of the mod with the version 2.0.

I started to play ME Trilogy relatively recently (and I always regret for not played it before) and in my last games I used to use texmod in ME3 only for the ugly plastic dress, that's all.

  The model is in beta version, some known issues:
- Line from the neck very marked in some angles and lights, can't fix this more.
- Face color different from the body depends on the light, can't fix this at 100% because is an issue from the game, this happens on bodys with the neck uncovered. Take a look at the underwear outfit and compare for reference :P.
- Sometimes on the intro part, the blood textures appears instead the normal ones but this happens with the original outfit too so it's from the game, reload the game fixes this.

Install instructions :
- Make a back up of your original files.
- Replace the pcc file in the game folder.
- Use ME3explorer to update PCConsoleTOC.bin.
- Load the texture with Texmod.

Install instructions more detailed inside the files (BSN Project Site Download)

Screenshots In-Game:






Let me know if there are any issue or bug with the mod. I haven't tried the mod in all the game so I need testers :).

Best regards!.

2 comments:

  1. I wish i could find the dlc version of this as texmod always crashes whenever I load a game, and texplorer always gets stuck :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems old versions mods stop working properly and I have to update my mods, the best option would be to update my mods as DLC mods but the problem is I have no idea how to do it and I can't find a guide for it :(.

      Delete